Group Universal Life Insurance
Group Universal Life Insurance provides affordable, flexible, and portable life insurance protection for employees, spouses, and children under age 26 of Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield and their affiliated companies.
Adjust coverage as needed. Increase benefits for new family members. Reduce coverage as family members age. With the guaranteed minimum interest rate of 4.0%, you can use the cash accumulation feature to save for immediate needs or long term goals. And it’s yours, whether you leave the company or retire, as long as the group policy is still in effect.
Annual Open Enrollment Period
Nebraska: November 5, 2018 – December 5, 2018
BCS: December 3, 2018 – December 20, 2018
You are invited to enroll in this exclusive Group Universal Life program made available only to the employees of the Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield Plans and their Affiliates. Your eligible spouse and eligible children are also invited to enroll:
- You may enroll for one to six times your base salary, not to exceed the maximum of $1,500,000 of coverage
- Your eligible spouse can enroll for two times your base salary, not to exceed the maximum of $100,000 of coverage
- Each eligible child can enroll for $10,000 in coverage, a flat monthly premium of $1.00 covers all insured children
Note: You and your dependents must meet eligibility requirements to qualify for coverage and undergo medical underwriting, at no cost to you.
Enrollment is Easy!
Just follow these four steps:
Materials to help better understand product features, how the program works, and the enrollment process.
Step 1: Learn
Helpful resources to learn more about Group Universal Life
Provides an overview of the program and other information to guide you through the enrollment process.
Download PDF Here
Gain an in-depth understanding of the program features through these informative videos. Watch some or all of the topics — at your convenience.
Click on Videos Below
Step 2: Enroll
1. Download the Enrollment form from the appropriate link (for employers located in Virginia, select ‘Virginia’ version)
2. Save the Enrollment form to your computer
3. Use the fillable form fields to key in the requested information (handwritten applications can cause unnecessary delays and will be returned if illegible)
4. Use the resources on this site to complete the form
5. Print a hardcopy of the completed form
6. Sign and Date the completed form
Step 3: Confirm
• Confirmation of your enrollment status will be sent via standard US Mail
• You will be notified if additional information is needed
• Save the following important documents
◦ Certificate of Coverage
◦ Schedule of Benefits
• Verify the correct amount is deducted on your pay stub
Step 4: Manage
Once insured, please visit personal-plans.com.
• View your coverage details and account information
• Access self-service features
• Find phone, fax, or email contact information for additional questions and assistance
4 Ever Life Insurance Company enhances protection with unique underwriting solutions nationwide for insurance companies, brokers, agents, administrators, employers, employees, and individuals. With over 60 years’ experience in enhancing protection, 4 Ever Life is rated “A-” (Excellent) by A.M. Best and licensed to provide health and life insurance solutions in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
4 Ever is protection, enhanced.
About the Administrator
Mercer Health & Benefits Administration LLC, designs, implements, and manages insurance, risk management, and financial service programs for private clients and sponsoring entities. On behalf of their clients, Mercer Health & Benefits Administration LLC delivers vision, value, convenience, choice, and innovation to consumers worldwide. With continuous market sourcing and sophisticated, data-driven marketing strategies, Mercer Health & Benefits Administration LLC expands customer access and program utilization, delivering increased revenue opportunities, security, and asset protection to clients and consumers.
If you have any questions about the GUL product, how to complete the enrollment form, or any of the resources on this site, fill out the below form and a representative will be in contact with you.